THE MOTHER CITY PACKAGE
From the flat-topped Table Mountain down to the blue waters of Table Bay, Cape Town is simply stunning, but the city doesn’t thrive on its looks alone. Proudly multicultural, its flourishing arts, dining, and nightlife scenes are proof of this modern metropolis’ creativity and innovative spirit.
Cape Town is the second most populous city in South Africa, after Johannesburg, and also the legislative capital of South Africa. Colloquially named the Mother City, it is the largest city of the Western Cape Province. The city is known for its harbour, for its natural setting in the Cape Floristic Region, and for landmarks such as Table Mountain and Cape Point, the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, the country’s oldest wine estate, some of the world’s best restaurants, its nightlife, its stunning beaches and most importantly its friendly people.
THIS PACKAGE COVERS A STAY FOR 7-NIGHTS TO EXPLORE, TO WINE & DINE AND TO ENJOY ALL THAT THIS BEAUTIFUL CITY HAS TO OFFER.
Here’s a choice of two hotels, both located within the V&A Waterfront Precinct, close to a host of restaurants, shops, amenities and transport options. There 100’s of great accommodation options in Cape Town, so if you have an idea of a hotel or area you wish to stay in, ask us to quote as we get ‘special’ preferential rates to offer to our clients.
CAPE GRACE HOTEL
An excellent hotel in a great location within the V&A Waterfront within easy walking distance to its many restaurants, bars, shops and attractions.
Cape Grace overlooks the marina and table mountain. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The hotel has a swimming pool with plenty of sun beds and its own bar.
It has a world-class restaurant and a wonderful Spa. Staff throughout are friendly and helpful.
Price for 7-nights in a Double Room for 2 guests sharing.
Includes breakfast and private return airport transfers.
from ZAR 74 880.00 or ± US$ 4 680.00
THE PORTSWOOD HOTEL
Experience a piece of Cape Town’s rich history when you stay at The Portswood Hotel. Located at the entrance to the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the lobby and restaurant are built around a 300 year old well and the cells which held prisoners on their way to Robben Island.
It is an elegant hotel with an on-site restaurant and small lounge, Great safe location to explore the Waterfront area, close to transport options.
from ZAR 32 880.00 or ± US$ 2 055.00
Some things to do and to see while in Cape Town:
- visit Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for much of his life
- visit the world famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and Cape Point
- visit Boulders Penguin Colony
- visit the winelands even if just for a wonderful lunch out in the countryside
- visit the World of Birds
- visit the South African Museum and the Company Gardens
- visit the Aquarium in the Waterfront
- visit one of the many art museums
- visit Simonstown village, the naval port of South Africa (has an interesting naval museum)
- visit the Castle of Good Hope
- visit Bo-Kaap above Wale Street, the Malay Quarter with interesting shops and museum
- visit unique museums (District Six Museum, Holocaust Centre and the Jewish Museum, Koopmans De Wet House)
- visit the Planetarium
- visit the Pan African Market, a living museum of Africana – the largest indoor African art market.
- visit one of the open air markets
- do a township tour and experience a traditional meal
- do a sunset cruise out of Cape Town Harbour
- do a trip up Table Mountain by cable car
- do a helicopter flight over the Cape Peninsula
- do sundowners on the beach or at one of the beachfront restaurants or bars
- have dinner at one of the ‘African’ restaurants or at one of the world’s top restaurants located in the City
- see one of the production shows at the Artscape Theatre or Baxter Theatre
- listen to African music
- go shark cage diving
- go to one of the magnificent beaches
- go for a nature walk
- go fishing (deep sea or dam fishing)
- go whale watching (August through to November)
- go surfing or even learn to surf
- visit one of the quaint towns (Hermanus, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek) within an hour’s drive from the city
and much, much more…